Once you’re done creating your game, it’s time to launch your game to your participants! Before you start your game or set a scheduled time for it to start, it will be saved in DRAFT mode. Participants are still able to find and join your game while it is in draft mode, but they won't be able to see or complete any missions.
To start or schedule a future start time for your game, head over to the Start & Stop tab in the game manager.
Within the Start & Stop tab, there are two different methods of starting your game: Manual and Automatic.
Manual Start & Stop Mode
This option gives you the ability to start or stop your game when you manually turn it on. As soon as you set a game duration and click "Start Game", your game will switch from DRAFT to LIVE, and participants will be able to complete missions.
- Select Manual as your Start & Stop mode.
- Type in a duration time or select a time from the drop down menu (i.e. 30 minutes, 5 hours, etc.).
- Hit the green Start Game button and your game will instantly switch to LIVE.
Automatic Start & Stop Mode
This option gives you the ability to pre-set start & stop times for your game. At the time you’ve entered, your game will automatically switch over to LIVE.
- Make sure you’ve chosen Automatic as your Start & Stop mode.
- Enter a date/time for your game to start and a date/time for your game to end.
- Press the blue Set button to save your selection.
- Your game will be listed as SCHEDULED until the time you’ve entered for it to start. A SCHEDULED game can similarly be joined by participants in the meantime, but will not display game missions until the set start time.
The game will operate in accordance with the time zone you are in when you enter your start & stop times (i.e. if you're located in the Eastern Time Zone and you set your game to start at 4pm, it will start at 4pm for anyone in Eastern Time, but it would start at 1pm for someone in Pacific Time).
Adjusting Start & Stop Times
It is possible to change the start/stop times while the game is live. In Manual mode, you can extend the duration in the text box. In Automatic mode, you can change the end time.
Ending Your Game
If you’ve set your game for Manual Start & Stop, your game will automatically switch to ENDED mode when your duration time runs out. If you’ve set your game for Automatic Start & Stop, your game will automatically switch to ENDED at the time you specified.
You’re also able to stop your game sooner if you wish. Hit the Red Stop Game button, and your game will instantly switch to ENDED.
If you need to start your game again, hit the blue Reset to Draft button. You will not lose any game details or submissions and you can then later set the game back to LIVE mode.
Next: Monitoring a Game