Now that you have created your game, you are ready to add missions! Head over to the "Missions" tab on the left side of your screen.
Missions are the challenges/tasks that teams or participants complete to earn points.
There are 3 types of missions:
- Photo/video missions - Participants need to find a specific object or place, or perform a physical or creative task and take a photo or video of it.
- Text missions - Participants need to enter a text or number based answer to a question you've asked.
- GPS missions - Participants need to physically get to a specified location, communicated through the mission description or based on a given clue, in order to submit their coordinates.
There are 3 tabs at the top of the Missions screen:
- Mission List - the list of missions that participants will complete in this game.
- Mission Banks - an easy way to add pre-created missions to your game. Choose between GooseChase's pre-made list, or your own personal mission bank. Hover over a mission to add it to your Mission List.
- My Previous Missions - a list of all custom missions you have created in the past, organized by previous game.
Adding Your Own Missions
You can add your own missions by clicking on the blue "Add Mission to List" button. Click the drop down arrow to change the mission type.
Choose a Mission Name, Point Value, and add a Mission Description. These are required fields and they will be displayed to your participants. You can attach an optional image or web link to provide more information or hints to participants about your mission.
For text-based missions, you have the option of adding one or more "accepted answers". While for GPS-based mission, you will be prompted to set a physical location from a searchable map. If your participants enter an incorrect answer, they will be prompted to try again.
Under Advanced Settings you can choose whether to show or hide player's submissions in the activity feed as outlined in detail in this FAQ article. Choosing "Hidden in Feed" means that players will not be able to see each other's submissions for that mission. The game organizer will be able to see all submissions in the online game manager. If you are creating a Photo/Video mission, you have the option of allowing only photo or only video uploads. Both are accepted by default.
You also have the option of adding missions to a new or existing automation. Follow the link to learn more about how to set up automations using game script.
When you're ready, click the blue "Save Changes" button to save your new mission. It will appear in your Mission List. You can add missions at any time before or during your game.
If you need additional help coming up with ideas for missions, take a look at some of our Scavenger Hunt Ideas blog posts or our EDU Game Library. You can use these missions as creative inspiration, or add them to your game as is by following the links on the posts.
To reorder your missions, use the "Mission List Order" drop down menu to choose between Point Value, Alphabetical, Random, or Custom (Drag/Drop).
If Random Mission List Order is chosen, missions will show up in the app in a different random order for each player. If playing on Teams Mode, missions will show up in the app in a different random order for each team, but the same random order for each player within a team.
If Custom (Drag/Drop) sort order is chosen, hover your mouse over a mission you'd like to reorder to reveal the drag icon (8 dots). Hold your mouse to drag and drop each mission into your preferred order.
Editing and Delete Missions
You can edit a mission in your mission list (change the mission name, point value, etc.) by hovering your mouse over the mission and clicking the "Edit" button.
You can also delete missions from your mission list. Please note that if you delete a mission, all player submissions associated with that mission will also be deleted, all associated points un-awarded. This cannot be undone.
Once you've created your mission list, you can manage your teams & participants!