Now that you have created your game, you are ready to add missions! Head over to the "Missions" tab on the left side of your screen.
Missions are the challenges/tasks that teams or participants complete to earn points.
There are 3 types of missions:
- Photo/video missions - Where participants need to find a specific object or place and take a photo or video of it.
- Text missions - Where participants need to type an answer to a question you've asked.
- GPS missions - Where participants need to get to a specified location based on a clue you've given, and then submit their coordinates.
There are 3 tabs at the top of the Missions screen:
- Mission List - the list of missions that participants will complete in this game.
- Mission Banks - an easy way to add pre-created missions to your game. Choose between GooseChase's pre-made list, or your own personal mission bank. Hover over a mission to add it to your Mission List.
- My Previous Missions - a list of all custom missions you have created in the past, organized by previous game.
Adding Your Own Missions
You can add your own missions by clicking on the blue "Add Mission to List" button. Click the drop down arrow to change the mission type.
Choose a Mission Name, Point Value, and add a Mission Description. These are required fields and they will be displayed to your participants. You can attach an optional image or web link to add more information to your mission.
In a text based mission, you can add "accepted answers". In a GPS based mission, you will be prompted to set a location. If your participants enter an incorrect answer, they will be prompted to try again.
Under Advanced Settings you can choose whether to show or hide player's submissions in the activity feed. Choosing "Hidden in Feed" means that players will not be able to see each other's submissions for that mission. The game organizer will be able to see all submissions in the online game manager. If you are creating a Photo/Video mission, you can choose whether to allow only photo or only video uploads. Both are selected by default.
When you're ready, click the blue "Save Changes" button to save your new mission. It will appear in your Mission List. You can add missions at any time before or during your game.
If you need help coming up with ideas for mission, take a look at some of our Scavenger Hunt Ideas blog posts or our EDU Game Library. You can use these missions as creative inspiration, or add them to your game as is by following the links on the posts.
Reorder, Edit, and Delete Missions
To reorder your missions, use the "Mission List Sort Order" drop down menu to choose between Point Value, Alphabetical or Custom (Drag/Drop). For custom sort order, hover your mouse over a mission you'd like to reorder and click on the 6 dots to the left of the mission name. Drag and drop into your preferred order.
You can edit a mission in your mission list (change the mission name, point value, etc.) by hovering your mouse over the mission and clicking the "Edit" button.
You can also delete missions from your mission list. Note that if you delete a mission during a live game that players have already completed, the player's answers will also be deleted.
Once you've created your mission list, you can manage your teams & participants!